Monday, September 10, 2007

Page Twenty Two John Braden's Diary (1899)

saturday 4
worked at home

Sunday 5
grace went home wife rote to her pa

monday 6
cold and stormy

tuesday 7
warmer to day

wednesday 8
i Halled barley to town this afternoon saw Ed saw wit got a pint of mornings snornery

thursday 9
halled barley to town Ed came out and got my fiddle i got my removal card saw grace

friday 10
went to town with a load of barley i saw Ed

saturday the11
cold and raining halled straw

Sunday 12
home all day snowed last night

monday 13
halled straw

tuesday 14
i Butchered a hog it weighed two hundred and sixty 2 and a half pounds it snowed to day

wednesday 15
cut up my hog and made Sausage i settled with george he owed me 18 22 paid me 20 22

thursday 16
i went to town paid my store bill $11 12 got 3 chairs 1 75 got a load of coal $3 00 medicine 60 cents saw Ed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home