Wednesday, January 07, 2009

All Smiles For The New Year :)

I found a fun baking site called Bakerella. She does the cutest lollipops. I printed the instructions and was planning on keeping them for next year and doing Christmas trees and reindeer. Then I saw her smiley faces. I thought how cute. It didn't look too hard, so off to the store I went. I wanted to make some smiley face lollipops for friends of ours we are seeing tomorrow and for my friends little boy. Well Tom is not really a little boy, he is 19. I posted a couple of pictures. Now if you go look at the original pictures on Bakerella's site, mine don't look a whole lot like them. I couldn't find an edible pen, so I used gel instead and that I am finding out doesn't dry. I bought little plastic bags and twist ties to put them in and I am worried the gel will smear. Some of mine turned out cute and some look like they have warts and are a little drunk. They do all taste good though! It was fun to try.






2 Comments:

At 3:21 AM, Blogger Groover said...

Oh, how funny! They look very cute, esp in a group. Like a bunch of people at a cocktail party or people watching their favourite team winning ...

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Thanks! They look a little bumpy, but do look cute all together :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home