Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Spring?

Pardon me for my confusion! Yesterday younger son and I chopped ice for 2 solid hours to make a path from our front door to the mail boxes along with adjoining neighbors sidewalks in our little square. The ice was so thick we had to chop it with metal things (I don't know the name of them, but boy were they handy) and then shovel the large piece off the sidewalk. Today all snow and ice has disappeared and we have thunderstorms with 60 mile an hour winds and tornado warnings. Did I mention it is 61 degrees right now and we have flash flood warnings too? But don't worry tomorrow the high is back to 31 degrees and I am sure there will be much more ice to chip away at! Gotta love living in the Midwest!

4 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Groover said...

Oh no. While it is probably good exercise to work off some of the Christmas feast it sounds very tough conditions to me. Hope you are safe. Happy New Year!

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Thanks! My neighbor was nice enough to come out and let me know shoveling snow burns 8 calories a hour and then went back in her house :) Today was a lovely day, we saw sun.
Happy New Year to you too, thanks for stopping by!

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't like the weather there, just wait a few mintes and it will change.
I was in Oklahoma the first week of December and woke up to 78 degree, spring-like weather...by 8:00 that night, it was 18 degrees and raining ice.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Wow, even our drop wasn't that bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home