Monday, December 22, 2008

Today Was Our Family Christmas Party



Today I had my family over to kick off the Christmas celebrations. Unfortunately my brother was snowed in in Michigan and didn't make it this year. We missed him, but still managed to have a lot of fun. My niece brought a new game that I can't remember the name of right now. I will have to ask her again what it is called. If was a lot of fun and we played in teams. Of course my team won :) Each team has 45 seconds to think of 10 answers. You have a word like apple and then each of the 10 answers have the word apple in the correct answer. After 45 seconds the other team gets to try any words you missed and then starts on a new word. One person on the team reads the clues and the others guess. We are always looking for new games. We did a bunch of Christmas trivia too. We had a lot of food. I tried a couple of new recipes along with some of the recipes that I put in the cookbook that my grandmother use to make. With the cookbooks this year, I also had John Braden's diary printed up for the family. John Braden was my great great grandfather and I printed each page of his diary on this blog as I went along interrupting it.

Hope everyone is enjoying the season! I have a little more shopping and wrapping to do, but mostly want to enjoy just being with my boys the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home