Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy Friday!

It is finally cooler here!! Yeah! Today it is about 62 degrees tomorrow it is suppose to be 72 and then back to the 80's next week. Even though some of the days are still warm the nights are much better. My nephew will be very happy it is getting cooler too. He is away at college and his dorm room is not air conditioned. I was very surprised to here there was no air conditioning. The temperatures by him were in the 100's the week he moved in and have been pretty hot most of his stay. Hopefully next year he will get something with air.

Speaking of college, older son and my niece are driving out to visit my nephew after son gets off work tonight. they are staying in a hotel for the weekend. This will be the first time he has gone away on his own except for scout camps. He is driving to my sisters in the next state over and then my niece is driving to the school from there. They are having a family weekend at the college and my sister and brother in law are out of town, so older son and niece are going. My nephew and son are getting the same degree in criminal justice. My nephew wants to get into the FBI or CIA and older son wants to be a patrol cop. I say they should start a detective agency and hire me to do the books:) I will be needing a job by then!

So that leaves younger son and I at home alone this weekend. We plan on doing a little cleaning tomorrow and the younger son has a birthday party to go to Sunday. My niece is coming here Sunday after the college trip and staying with us for the week. Should be fun! I am really going to enjoy the visit. With the kids getting older who knows how long they will all be living close and still have time for a week visit! She still has to work 4 days next week, but we are going to do something Friday. No sure what yet.

Milo is looking and smelling better this week :) He went in and had a shampoo, teeth cleaned and nails clipped. He is always so happy to see us when we pick him back up!

I had some sad news this last week. My pastors son passed away. We all took it pretty hard. His son was 27 and just became a pastor of his own church. He had a brain tumor. He fought for 2 years and 9 months. He was just told there was no other treatment for him 2 weeks ago. He only lasted a little less then two weeks after being told. The wake and funeral were this week. Older son played at his installation when he was appointed a church. He wanted to work with him in youth. Older son really like him and respected him. It was a hard week. Makes you examine some things in your life.

1 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger BirdofPray said...

So yea... Older son reporting in from Indiana University (well the hotel room). IU is awesome. My cuz showed us around the campus and we went to a football game. After that we went to olive garden and had dinner. o was that good. Bllomington is a really nice town. It's weird because the campus is like a town all on its own. The place is huge.

Well thats all for now.

Laterz
~older son

 

Post a Comment

<< Home