Friday, September 28, 2007

The End of September

and we are still in the 70's. The nights are getting cooler though. Last weekend it was still in the 80's. Younger son went camping with his new troop and the kids worked on their fishing merit badge. Younger son already has it, but enjoys fishing so he had fun. We found out for his next camp out his equipment wasn't something he could use. We had to go get a hiking backpack and a mummy sleeping bag. All his gear will have to be carried at the next camp out for a 5 to 10 mile hike. The only sleeping bag that fits into this backpack is a mummy bag. Since his other backpack has lasted a few years and had a broken strap he would have to had it replaced sooner or later. Now wasn't a good time, but it's done and he loves it. I must say the mummy bag is much smaller and lighter then his last one.

Last Sunday while younger son was on his way home from the camp out, Older son and my niece took the train into Chicago to see a Cubs game. It was older son's birthday gift this year. I was happy to get any tickets. They had a great time and the Cubs won! We tried to get play off tickets, but they were sold out really quickly.

My best friend and I went out to lunch Monday for my birthday. We go out twice a year for lunch, her birthday and mine. We always end up sitting around laughing. She did make me still go for our walk before lunch! We are up to about two miles. I had most of this week off since her mom was coming to town.

Tuesday was the day younger son had to get the Herbst appliance on his teeth for a year. Here is what it looks like, ok I can't copy the picture! Here is a description instead.

This appliance is used to move the lower jaw forward. It can be fixed or removable. When it is fixed, it is cemented to teeth in one or both arches using stainless steel crowns. An expansion screw may be used simultaneously to widen the upper jaw.

Last night we had our first court of honor where the scouts are given the merit badges they have earned and the new positions are recognized from the election they held. It was the first day I left the house in a couple of days. I ended up not feeling too well the last couple of days. It was nice to get out for a little bit. After the meeting ended I went grocery shopping so it was a late night. It was nice to sleep in a little this morning.

Hope everyone is having a great week!


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home