Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Christmas Tree 2008



Yep, It's up already :) The next few weekends are going to be busy, so we get to enjoy the tree it for an extra couple of weeks. Usually we try for the weekend after Thanksgiving, but with church, concerts, and one less weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas this was the weekend open. I am glad it is done! Actually the boys did most of it this year. Older son did the whole outside and both worked on the tree. By the time I had my ornaments out of their boxes most of theirs were up.

I so enjoy going through all the ornaments each year. It takes me so long because I am always telling the kids the story of when we got each. I love the homemade ornament the best. My brother makes me a wooden ornament each year and my friend in Canada has made me a couple of the most beautiful ornaments. I have made a few and the kids have too. I love my picture ornaments too. I have one of the kids since they were born. We have a couple of new ones this year already from our trip. I try to pick up ornaments when ever we travel. Taking out the ornaments is one of the highlights of my holiday! I will have to go take a couple of close up ones now :)

3 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, Blogger Kunoichi said...

Wow - up already! And it looks lovely.

Ours doesn't go up until Dec. - at Dh's insistence. LOL And I haven't even started this year's ornaments yet!! :-(

Thankfully, I'm not planning anything that will take long to make this year. Well... relatively speaking. ;-)

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger ItchyBits said...

Wow...I am still putting away Halloween decorations....I enjoy looking at my ornaments each year too. I do the same thing...I always look at the ornaments when I am out and about... even in July.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Thanks! We would usually be putting up the tree tomorrow; I must say I am glad it is already up!

K- This year I probably won't make ornaments, instead the family is getting the cookbooks. That is all the creativity I can take in a year :)

B-Our Halloween decorations went back to the shed only about a week or two before we went and picked up our Christmas stuff. I asked the boys this year if they would like me to stop getting them a Son ornament each year. I though maybe they had outgrown them. Both couldn't believe I would think about not getting a Son ornament :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home