Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Page Two John Braden's Diary

Saturday 15 Oct

Was home all day worked in the house all day washed the windows and put down the carpet good in tight Sunday 16 I help fred to feed the cattle this morning it rained all day made to benches for the feeding by my self Wife unpacked her fruit and cleaned up a little good night

Monday the 17th I got up this morning there was snow all over the ground it snowed untill 3 oclock and then begain to rain i feed the cattle and then i came to the House untill after dinner and then helped the carpenters till time to feed good night

Tuesday the 18 it rained most all day snowed some done the chores done some ditching got a pair of shoes two dollars a clock one dollar and 25 cents Mr lee paid for them good night

2 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Swampwitch said...

How lucky you are to have this account of this part of his life. I only wish I had some "documentation" of my grandparents' lives other than just my memories of them.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

I feel very lucky to see a part of his life! I was not only suprised he wrote it, but that it has survived so long. I have a lot of pictures that are very old also. Many were never labeled. I was lucky my grandmother knew at least half of them. I learned in going through all the old pictures to always label your pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home