Monday, November 06, 2006

Happy November!

Welcome to November! Our leaves have all changed and some are already blown away for the season. This week we are suppose to be in the 60's. Tomorrow may hit 70! Hard to believe. Tomorrow is election day here in the states. Since it is not a presidential election the turn out is usually less. I am hoping for a really large turn out this year. I will be so happy when all the negative commercials stop! This year is older son's first time voting. I will of course be bringing the camera :) We usually bring our flat travelers with to vote too. This year we are taking our neighbor with us to vote also. So 10:30 tomorrow you know where we will be.

This weekend we celebrated my dad's birthday at my sister's house. We had dinner there before my nephew's play. He is the stage manager this year. They did a great job. Younger son did a review of it right below. It was so funny. It is so hard to believe that this was a group of high school kids. I really must say they are just as good as any professional performance we have ever seen. This Spring they are doing The Music Man. Last Spring they did Fiddler on the Roof. Their musicals are just wonderful. We are already looking forward to next Spring. It is fun because we have seen some of these kids in many plays. Older son has know one actor since he has been little because he is a friend of my nephews. Here is a link to their theatre department with pictures of previous productions. http://www.cps.k12.in.us/cphs/dept/drama/Home/HomePage.htm
This is the school younger son wants to go to as a homeschooler for thier theatre department. Even if they do let homeschoolers participate we are talking about a lot of driving! So we will see.

Younger son had his afternoon volunteering at the library and came home with two books on plays. When we were talking on the way home last night I told him about a period I went through where all I read was plays for months. They are a little harder to get into at first, but I loved reading them.

Every first day of November since sons were little I have put a tree with bare branches on our mirrored wall in the livingroom. Each day in November until Thanksgiving Day we write what we are thankful for on a leaf. The bottom or the tree is decorated with all our past leaves. I think we started in 1992 or 93. So we have a lot of leaves! When we have people come over to our house during that time we give them a leaf and ask them to write what they are thankful for and it becomes part of our leaves on the tree too. I will put a picture up when we are done with this year. In the mean time I am going to find last years picture and post it.

Tonight younger son and I are going to have a game night. He is doing dishes now and then we are starting. We are starting with scrabble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home