Friday, October 20, 2006

A Hiking We Will Go

We had a great day out today. My best friend and her son went with my younger son and I to get some exercise and hike. We first went to The Little Red School House that was an original little red school house. They have two hiking trails and a nature center. The center was closed today, but it was beautiful out and nice walking weather. I took LOTS of pictures. On the second walking trail we saw 5 deer run across the trail. By the time I had the digital camera ready they were too far to get a good picture of them. I love my digital camera, but they certainly aren't fast. After we were done at The Little Red School House we headed toward home, but then remembered we would be passing up Lake Katherine and decided to stop there too. Lake Katherine has a wonderful waterfall and walking tracks. They have a butterfly garden in the Summer and a great flower garden also. From there we went to McDonalds since we were hungry from all the walking.

After lunch we didn't feel like going home yet. We ended up at the party store looking at Halloween stuff. My friends son is autistic and loves all the costumes and things that go with it. I loved some of the hats he picked out. Younger son picked up a cap, mask and laser to be Darth Vader. I bought a witch headband that has a hat with green braided hair coming out of it. Kinda cute if I do say so.

Tonight while my older son was at work, my younger son and I went to a rehearsal for an Eagle Court of Honor ceremony coming up on Sunday. It only took an hour or so to go through the ceremony. Older son came home from work early tonight and is on vacation next week so he is happy.

Tomorrow if it isn't raining in the morning we are taking our neighbor and going to Boo at the Zoo with our costumes. If it is raining we are going to the show. Hope it isn't raining!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home