Monday, November 06, 2006

Noises Off Reviewed by Younger Son

Noises Off

On November 5, 2006 I saw Noises Off at The Crown Point High School Theatre Department.

This play was a comedy

Setting:
Act 1- After midnight at the final dress rehearsal of the play Nothing On.
Act 2-One month later backstage at a matinee performance of Nothing On.
Act 3-Several months later on stage at an evening performance of Nothing On.

The first act was really confusing for me. I had a hard time following what was going on. The actors were doing a dress rehearsal for the play Nothing On, but were having a hard time remembering there lines because they were to busy with there own relationships. Even though they were messing up a lot it was still really funny.

The second act was a little bit easier to follow. Now we are back stage during a matinee performance. This act was the funniest act I had ever seen, because this was when every one was breaking up with one another and getting angry at each other during the play. So everyone was doing their part on stage while everyone was getting angry at each other backstage. I thought it was amazing how the actors could keep going on stage while everything else is happening backstage.

This is the third and final act of the play noises off. This scene was the actors doing the play of Nothing On. There were many funny mess-ups and line problems, because everyone kept stepping over everyone else’s lines. There was also a lot of physical comedy in this scene.

***** I give these play 5 out of 5 stars

I liked this play very much because I love comedies. My favorite character was Garry. I would like to play the part of Garry. I think anybody who loves comedy should go to see this play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home