Sunday, October 29, 2006

Last Camp out

I was sitting down to write about our week. Older son was on vacation and it seems like we haven't been home all week, but I'll be darned if I could remember anything we did past going to a movie! Very sad I know, but I am trying to work on my memory these days :) The show we went to was Employee of the Year. It was ok, not great. It was funny in spots. The kids like it.

During the week we had plans for a lot of different outdoor things, but it rained just about everyday. We all went to the mall one day to look around. Younger son spent his time in Games Workshop http://us.games-workshop.com/default.htm. I thought I would put a link up since I talk about it a lot. Older son and girlfriend walked around the mall and I did some shopping too. Then we all went to lunch at Olive Garden. Great food!

For Christmas the kids wanted something called Guitar Hero. It is a play station 2 game that comes with a guitar as a controller. I picked that up midweek since we weren't able to do some outdoor stuff and we have been playing it since. I actually played it while the kids were gone and I can't ever remember doing that!

This weekend younger son went on his last camp out with Boy Scouts. Older son is an Eagle Scout and Younger is Life Scout. He decided to take a break from scouts and concentrate on other things. I am fine with that, but a little sad thinking as he gets older he may regret it. He still has until he is 18 to go back if he wants to make Eagle. Older son met him at his campout Saturday just for the day. They had a lot of fun.

Today older son played his trombone in church for all three services. This afternoon we went to see a play at a local college. Our first in the many we just lined up for the school year. Younger son will be writing an entry on the blog tomorrow reviewing "The Little Shop of Horrors". It was a lot of fun to see. I have the song stuck in my mind now. That wouldn't be so bad, but I don't know all the words so I am walking around the house singing "The little shop of horrors" over and over again. Both kids are avoiding me.

Older son's girlfriend is over tonight and we are all playing games and just ordered a pizza. So I will be signing off since the pizza should be here soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home