Saturday, October 04, 2008

More Cookbook Stuff With a Twist!

Yes, today was the day my sister and niece came to proof read the cookbook. My sister was nice enough to bring donuts, bagels & coffee this morning because we knew it was going to be a long day of reading. The cookbook printed out on computer paper it was about 159 pages. Did I mention my niece likes very darkly toasted bagels? No, well she does. Have I ever mentioned we have an under the cabinet toaster and it was put in when we moved here about 24 years ago? No, well we do and it was. About the second set of bagels made never made it! The whole thing started on fire and ended up shooting up the cabinets. Luckily the toaster is mounted right over the sink and my niece dowsed it with water, I ran and pulled out the cord and younger son about tripped me and elbowed me in the chest. Older son ran for the smoke alarm and I then ran for all the doors. It was pretty smokey in our little one bedroom. Luckily the only damage was the toaster and that went out to the garbage right after it was cool enough to touch. Looking back I am surprised it lasted this long. Next toaster I am replacing after 20 years! :) I am just very happy my niece didn't burn her hands putting it out and there was no damage to the cabinets. The condo still smells a little like burnt bagels, but not too bad. Right after it was put out and everything cleaned up we had to put on the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond when he started the kitchen on fire. We had a good laugh. Our family is strange like that. As long as no one is permanently damaged we always find humor. Of course if my sister would have called fire no one would have moved, assuming she was just trying to give us a heart attack.

But don't worry we saved the family cookbook!! It is being corrected tomorrow and the recipes are being sent over the Internet Monday with the rest being mailed out this week.

We celebrated my birthday today too. My sister and her husband were on vacation on my birthday so in between proof reading we fit in a nice lunch and a walk. All in all a great day.

2 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I can smell the burned bagel from here.

Happy Birthday and congratulations on the cookbook. That is a project in my future.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Hi swampy, thanks for the birthday wishes! I would love to see your recipes, maybe we could exchange cookbooks :) It took me about a year and a half to get the cookbook done.

We are still smelling just a little burnt here, but it is fading :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home