Saturday, May 03, 2008

Rudi's Parents & My Grandparents



This is the picture I have had for years. I just never knew who was with my grandparents. It was taken in September of 1961. When I met with Rudi and Christa they were able to clear up the mystery! This is a picture of his parents and my grandparents. His parents were visiting from Germany. In the picture are his mom, my grandfather, his father and my grandmother. His father and my grandfather are brothers. They hadn't seen each other since their 20's. The picture is taken at the house I would be living at by 1964 or 1965. After my grandfather died our family moved in with my grandmother. She took the apartment upstairs and we lived downstairs. This is where I always remember calling home. We stayed until I was in 5th grade and then moved to the suburbs.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger ItchyBits said...

Just love old pictures.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Me too! I am very lucky to have as many as I do. I enjoy seeing older pictures even when I don't know who is in it. There is just something about catching a glimps of the past.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home