Monday, April 21, 2008

Page Eighty John Braden's Diary

sunday the 11
Wife Burth day 34 years old John is getting well cora is better ray has the scarlet fever

November 25
worked all day at the foundry in the evening sold my cow

tuesday 27
dad gatton was here for dinner Ray is better i am running the Engin this week fine wether a little snow on the ground i got $38 For my cow & hay

thursday the 29 thanksgiving
we had cranbery sass tirkey and apple pie mince pie coconut cake For dinner Pa gatton was here ma is sick the children are Well of the scarlet Fever We Fumigated the House to day i slept 2 hr this after noon wint over to the foundry got up steam

5 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Blogger Kunoichi said...

You know, I find it interesting that he would spell words like sauce and turkey wrong, but then get fumigate right.

:-D

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Not only the spelling, but I find how he does and doesn't capitalize funny too. On the last couple of pages he just started capitalizing F's. I went back and forth when I started this wondering if I should spell and punctuate everything correctly and decided to do it as is to get a better feel for the time and person. At least I have an idea where I received my spelling ability from :)

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so far behind on my reading, I'll never "ketchup."
Love the spellings and the capitalizations...makes it so much more interesting to read it that way.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Hi Swampy, glad to see you! "ketchup" :)

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger BOSSY said...

At first Bossy read, "Cranberry ASS turkey" and Bossy thought: how modern!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home