Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's Official!

We now have a new driver in the house. He passed two tests so I now have to let younger son practice his driving skills:) Somehow he just looks to young behind the wheel. Maybe it's me and my youngest growing up a little too soon. I saw it coming, but it still takes me by surprise seeing him behind the wheel. He is very rule conscience and safe. He drove for a few minutes and had enough. The second day we did a half hour and he asked to come home. With my older one he got in the car and took off and never wanted to stop. I always wanted more then two children, but after teaching 2 to drive, I think I would be too old to teach a third one without my heart stopping. Both of my boys are safe drivers and older son drove over a year and many, many hours before he ever was allowed to drive on his own. It is true I just started not to panic at any siren I hear when he is out and now I have to start over with the next one. I always prayed a lot daily especially after having the boys, but now it is like a running prayer throughout the day as they grow and do more and more on their own. Older son started driving to the local college by 16 and 1/2 and that is only a year and a half away if younger son does the same.

I am trying to grow along with them and let go a little, but it is hard. So much out there for them to do and too few years left at home :) I will breath and go along, but I am hopeful the next few years will go by s l o w l y and give me a chance to catch up to all the change :) Lord help me!

4 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger ItchyBits said...

Wow! That is way too soon! I am with you...every siren I heard would put me on edge. I can't even picture it. Feel for you!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Thanks bettybetty!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger The Cub Pack said...

Wow that's early.
Here in the UK the minimum age to drive a car is 17 and there are some calls to make it older

Akela

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Hi Akela,
Thanks for stopping by! Here in the US you can get a permit at 15 and need to drive for at least 9 months to get your license. We can drive up to 2 years on a permit. So someone over 21 has to be with him until he gets his license.

There is always talk here of making the age older too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home