Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Spring!

It has been awhile! I missed posting. I ended up with a sprained rotary cuff and couldn't type except for very slowly with one hand. I am in a lot less pain now and it is slowly healing so I thought I would get some pictures posted and catch up a little on what we have been up to.

We have a new game that the kids and I are pretty obsessed with. It came in a cloth bag shaped like a banana. It is called Bananagrams. It has 144 tiles you put face down and depending on how many players, you pick up the amount of tiles it tells you. If 2 to 4 of us are playing you each get 21 tiles. All tiles are face down and you say "split" and each player turns their 21 tiles over and begins making words that connect just like scrabble. When a player has used all their letters they yell "peel" and everyone picks up an extra tile. This goes on until all 144 tiles are used. If you need to exchange a letter you yell "dump", but for each tile you exchange you have to pick up 3. Once all the tiles are out of the middle "bunch" and you use all your letters you yell "bananas". The other players can challenge you on any word they think is misspelled. If none are found you win. If a word is misspelled you become the "rotten banana" and are out until the next game. I am a very bad speller, but have become a little better over the years. I have beaten the kids most games until they examine my words and find I interchange a letter or two. Let me just say I have been the rotten banana a few times :)

A week or so ago Milo went in for a shampoo and a shave. I love when he is shaved and you can see all his spots. He smells much better too.

We have a big project going on here! We are getting a new couch. Ours is old and holey to say the least. Now most people just take the old couch out and get the new one delivered. Not us :) We bought one that has a couch, love seat, and wedge. So it will be bigger then our couch now. We had to remove the organ from the living room and put it in the kids bedroom. Since I can't lift anything indefinitely it was up to the kids. Of course I was right behind them taking pictures! Their room is starting to look more like a storage area, but that is how it has to be for now. The new set comes Wednesday so we have a lot of moving around to do by then.

Sunday was Easter, I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! We had a great one. The boys played their instruments in church for all 4 services. So they were gone by 5am. I went to the 8am service. They all sounded wonderful. There were 2 trombones, 2 trumpets, and a timpani drum along with our usual organ. After church we loaded the car and went to my sister's house for dinner. We also celebrated my niece's birthday which is coming up next week and my nephew was in from college. After dinner we watched a tape of a vacation we took together in 2001 to get in the mood for our trip coming up. We are all getting excited and can't wait.

I think I am all caught up now. I do have a few picture to put up. I am going to do that next.

Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home