Monday, July 09, 2007

Day One of Drama Camp

Yesterday was a quiet day. The kids and I went to church and then out to breakfast. Younger son hates tyring anything new and just wants to go home. We talk him into coming with us. It was only a pancake house not some strange foreign food he has never seen :) He ends up ordering pancakes and loves them. We spent the rest of the day at home. Older son and I are still getting through all the seasons of CSI Miami and The Soprano's. We are on the third season of both. We rent through Netflix. We both loved the regular CSI and have seen all of those. Both kids are reading the 5th and 6th book of Harry Potter getting ready for book 7.

Today I went and had my hair cut before we drove out to Indiana. It was about 92 degrees and very sunny (right now we are getting a big storm front going through). I dropped younger son off with all his stuff for the week. He knows a couple of people there helping out from all the plays we have seen there and some are friends of my sister's family. My sister picked him up when it was over. He already called and said it was great. He loved the t-shit they all were given. My sister took the week off to do stuff with him and take him back and forth. He is really looking forward to the week.

As for me, I will have the day to myself tomorrow. Older son has school and then work. On Tuesdays he sometimes goes out with friends after work since there is no school on Wednesdays. I have been working on the cookbook. I am planing on putting a family tree in it too. I have always been interested in genealogy and worked on mine several years before kids. I am back a few generations on three sides. While working on the cookbook I dragged out all my genealogy stuff to go over too. I am planing on tomorrow hitting three cemeteries that I have planning on doing for years. I want to take pictures of headstones for dates and records. Maybe find a relative or two among the relatives I already know are out there. I will have to make a separate trip to Indiana for an other cemetery one day and I am thinking of driving out to Iowa for my grandfather's side. I just don't know if I should take my car that far. I am making headway on what type of cookbook and different pages I would like to include. Friday I am going to my sister's early and have her look through all the information too. My niece my take the day off work and spend it with us. It would be fun for all of us to go through all the cookbook information together.

So that's the plan! I am going to make up a couple of maps tonight and call the cemeteries in the morning to make sure I have the right location and off I go. I really wish I had a partner coming with :) At least it will be during the day!

Well, it is still thundering so I better spell check and get off. Looking back on some of my entries I am amazed at some of the spelling that gets through. You wouldn't want to see my writing without it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home