Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Today was a pretty quiet day. We all slept in late. Older son was off school and work today. We were home most of the day. We decided to go out to dinner and then older son went to meet friends to go see the fireworks in a different town. Younger son and I came home. He insisted staying home to take care of Milo. With all the fireworks Milo has been very scared. He has a pill to calm him down. We started giving it to him Monday and will continue until this weekend. I did end up going out for a hour or two because I wanted to try out the camera with fireworks. I need some help with that! I took about 130 pictures and only down loaded about 80 of them. Out of that I ended up with about a dozen on the Flickr site. Still none were great. I tried the auto setting with no flash and then the night setting with no flash. The night setting seemed to capture more color. It's a hard thing to practice since it is only a half hour once a year. When I got home younger son said Milo did pretty good. So next year younger son is going to come with again.

I finished my book today, "The Good Husband of Zebra Drive" by Alexander McCall Smith. It is a series of books called No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. I really have enjoyed them all. Older son actually ordered an other copy of the 7th Harry Potter book. Now we will each have a copy. We are afraid by the next morning the ending will be all over the news. So we decided no computer, tv or papers until we are all done reading it :) We get the first two copies at midnight and the one older son ordered will be here that next morning. Older son is off work all that next week and school will be over, so we will have lots of time to read.

Hope everyone had a safe 4th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home