Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!

Today we get to stay home instead of going to fine arts. It was canceled due to our bad weather. Older son said driving home from work on the expressway wasn't too bad tonight, but going a little farther south from us the streets are bad. We are suppose to get about 4 to 6 inches of snow, but the problem is more of the blowing wind and drifting snow. Older son still has his classes unless we hear of closings before he goes.

I bought both of the boys a little box of chocolate and a card. I always like to do a little something. Younger son and I will probably get to play some games today with our extra time. Our new favorite lately is a game I picked up on clearance at Christmas called Word of Mouth. I never heard of it before, but we are having a lot of fun with it! It comes with 12 dice and a set of teeth as a shaker. Each die has letters on them. White dice are worth 1 point and red dice are worth 2 points. There is one wild die that can be used as any letter. You play to 300 points. It also comes with a two minute timer. In the two minutes you make words like on a scrabble board. The word made with the wild letter doubles the words value and any "food" word you make also doubles in points. The kids don't often beat me, but while I was sick last week we played a lot and both kids beat me. I do remind them that I was sick :) When younger son and I play games he usually comes out with 4 or 5. He loves Electronic Battleship too.

I think we are finally all mostly well again. Time to get the house back in order and catch up on some of younger son's school work. I have to run to the post office and Walgreens tomorrow. If the roads are ok, younger son has Confirmation at night. They probably will have it unless the roads are not drivable since we are almost done with that. They make their confirmation April 1st.

I watched the DVD Secret tonight. What a great video. It was featured on Oprah last week. It gives the secret of life. I put a link on my blog if you are interested. It is on how we all can make our own destiny and how our thoughts shape our lives. It is my plan to have a great family life, maybe find love, become wealthy, stay healthy, be thin, and change the world! I am only kidding a little :) I am going to have the kids watch it. Younger son is already excited about it. He said tonight, "so when I say I hate math, it makes it so I do hate math and each time it gets worse. If I think I like math and really believe it, I will like math and be good at it." I knew he was smart! :) It is not just positive thinking, but believing and putting out positive energy.

I did take a couple of pictures of the snow from our door way today, but they weren't that great. I will venture out farther tomorrow to take a couple if I have to go to the post office anyway, I might as well get pictures :) I better sign off and get some sleep. That is one resolution I am having a hard time keeping between Jason's coming home hours and Kevin's waking hours! I am lucky to get 5 or 6 hours sleep. I am aiming for 7.

Oh, one more thing. We saw In The Mood on Monday night. It is one of the best shows I have seen. Younger son and I loved it. Older son had to work. Younger son wrote a review of it. We like it so much we bought the 2 CD set that has the show on it. If ever it comes by you, it is well worth seeing it. I kept thinking the whole time how much my grandparents and grandpa Ed would have loved the music. I am sure they were watching with us! I must say younger son and I were the younger audience members. The band was just wonderful. They had a trumpet player that was so impressive that younger son wants to go and get the sheet music for some of the numbers they did.

Happy Valentines everyone!! Have some chocolate it is good for you heart! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home