Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Happy February!

It has already been an eventful February. Younger son ended up sick, strep and the flu were ruled out and then his doctor ended up giving him a round of antibiotics thinking what he has is probably a bacterial infection. Needless to say a few days ago I came down with the same thing. I am hoping by tomorrow I will be feeling better each day. Younger son still has the cough and is stuffy, but feeling better. Just as I came down with it, older son ended up in the emergency room Saturday night. He was out Saturday playing basketball with friends from work for 5 hours. By the time he came home he was exhausted and a little pale. After he ate something he got chest pains that traveled down his arms and he started to pass out. They did a lot of testing on him in the emergency room after letting him sit 2 1/2 hours. They wanted to check his heart of course and then his brain. All test came back fine. His muscle enzymes were off, but that is from being slightly dehydrated and all the running around he did earlier in the day. They thought he might have a vessel pumping problem that would be worse if you were exhausted, dehydrated, or have a full stomach. He had all three. I took him for a follow up at his regular doctor today and she seems to think it was a combination of events and more digestive related. Right now we are going to monitor him and if it were to happen again he will have more tests, but for right now he just need to be rested and drink more. Since he wants to be a police officer it will be important to make sure if it is a blood pumping problem we get it taken care of. That is most of the excitement here. You would think between the hospital and seeing the doctor I would have gotten some medicine too :)

Well we finally got some snow today! Even sick I figured since I was dressed anyway, why not go out and get a couple of pictures. It was so cold I only took a couple before the camera's batteries read dead. Once indoors they were fine again. By Sunday we are suppose to get to 20 degrees, so I may try again. Today it is still in the minus range. The street are so cold that the salt put down by the plow isn't doing much of anything. Driving was bad today.

Older son just called. He is done with work and on his way home. He is stopping at Wendys to get something to eat. He always offers to bring younger son and I something too. Not great for my diet, but I haven't felt like cooking much either.

Older son and I love watching cops and CSI together. Well we decided to try CSI Miami also. I found I really like that too. I have season 1 disk one to watch tonight. Wends and CSI Miami sounds like a fun night!

2 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger Kunoichi said...

Wow! Scary stuff. I hope Younger Son is feeling better now.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Thanks! He still is a little under the weather, but at the tail end of whatever this was. I am just staying up tonight watching tv and on line. I can't lay down and breath at the same time :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home