Monday, January 29, 2007

Almost February!

We had a fun weekend. Friday we picked up my mom and went to see Peter Pan at older son's school. It was meant for young kids, but it gives younger son a feel for their theater department since he will probably be going there for college also. We went out to lunch and then took my mom home. The great part about seeing play there is when you are a student you get two free tickets. Jason met us there in between classes and gave us his two free tickets, so we only had to pay for one.

Saturday we had tickets to the Chinese Golden Dragon Acrobats. It was at an other local college, but it was a touring show that has toured the country for many years. I put a link to their site at the bottom of son's review. Again we took my mom with the boys and I because we had that extra ticket for older son's girlfriend. Since they broke up we have had a couple of extra tickets for shows that we had planed on going to awhile back.

On Sunday Older son talked me into going to buy a large screen tv. He is paying for it, so I drove :) He was going to wait for an other month or two, but with the Super Bowl coming he decided to get it earlier then planned. The only down side is it has HD and we have to wait for our cable company to come out and hook a special cable to the tv and they can't make it until the first week of February. The picture is still good as it is now, but he was really hoping for HD before the game. The agreement was since we are getting rid of our other tv, this one stays when he moves out. It is more a family contribution. I put a picture of it up so you could see it. I meant to put one up of our weather forecast last night so you can see the color and clarity. I will have to go find that when I am done.

Older son has learned a lot about hooking things up and building lately which I am really happy about. When he moves out he will be able to do so much on his own. The tool boxes they got for Christmas has already come in handy.

Tomorrow we are trying to get older son into his doctor. He has been having headaches for about a month now almost everyday. He needed to get two more vaccinations that they were out of last time so he will get that too. Younger son has been having headaches too, but about once or twice a week. Not as much, but still troublesome. Both wear glasses and just had eye exams, so I am sure it isn't their eyes. I am thinking stress, but they can't keep taking pain relievers so often. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and Milo goes in for a shampoo and nail clipping Thursday. One of those doctor/dentist weeks.

We are waiting for Groundhogs day February 2 to see if Winter will be around for awhile. We have had such a great Winter so far, that it is hard to complain! It has only been really cold the last week or two and then a week or two in November. Some of the days in December and January I have been out without a jacket! I can't remember doing that in the last few years. I am secretly hoping for a huge snow fall still. Of course I want it to start after 10p.m. on a Friday and have the streets cleared before Monday at 3 pm. I hate to worry about older son driving to work in a blizzard! I really want to try to new camera outside, but it is so dreary out there with no green or no white. I took 86 indoor pictures last night :) If I don't get out there soon, I will be posting our condo pictures soon. It is only 600 square feet, so it will get repetitive quickly!

I almost forgot. Older son just booked two DJ parties! He has had his equipment for months, but hasn't really advertised. He is doing a Valentines party for our old homeschool group and a school picnic for a local school. He is so excited to get paying jobs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home