Sunday, January 14, 2007

Last Christmas Gathering of the Season

Today we went over to my parents for a get together with my aunt from Wisconsin. It was our Christmas together. Younger son ended up staying home because he had a sore throat. I am sure Milo enjoyed the company. That took up most of the day. When we came home older son made plans to spend the night with a friend, I went on the computer and younger son watched tv. I think tomorrow we will just stay home and have a game day. I did a large grocery shopping trip on Friday and we are suppose to get some snow accumulation tomorrow, so it will be a nice day to stay home.

We found out we had a burglary in a building on our complex. I guess they got in with a screw driver. I know it happens everywhere, but that is a little close for me! My neighbor came out and told me when we came home today. I will have to watch the papers and see if I can find out a little more about it.

I was going to down load a couple of pictures I took today, but older son must have disconnected the camera port to put in something else and forgot to put it back. Since he is gone tonight I will have to wait until he gets home because I have no idea how it is all connected. I will have to see how he does it tomorrow so I know next time.

Older son goes back to his college classes Tuesday and younger son and I will start doing our regular things either Monday or Tuesday. It will be nice to be getting back in a routine.

I have a Chemo patient that I am an Angel to. She is my 5th child I have angeled. In the time I have been a ChemoAngel I have also been a senior angel. Seniors don't necessarily have cancer, but are either in nursing homes or lonely. In the whole time I have been a ChemoAngel I have had only one senior patient. I was writing to him at least twice a week for 4 years. He recently passed away. I was assigned a new senior last week. I wrote my first letter to her last week. It is strange to be writing someone new. The families do not have to have any contact with us, so I didn't hear from my last seniors family after he passed away. His wife died before him and he was in a nursing home. I was lucky to hear from his wife two times before she passed away and one of his adult children wrote me when his wife passed away. I am looking forward to getting into a rhythm of letters again.

Tomorrow is the Bears playoff game. We are planning on watching. I am not a huge football fan, but when your team is winning it is fun to see. Older son likes watching football. Go Bears! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home