Friday, January 12, 2007

Blue Man Group Reviewed by Younger Son

The Blue Man Group

I saw this performance at Briar Street Theatre on January 7, 2007.

When I first got to Briar Street Theatre I was wondering what was going to happen, because my family and I were in the first row. The Blue Man Group started it out when one guy starts playing three drums while the other two start pouring paint into the drums, so whenever he hits the drums hard, the paint goes flying. Then it was a blackout.

When the lights went back on the blue men were on the stage and there was a gumball machine and a bag of marshmallows in the center of the stage. One of the blue men started to throw gumballs at one guy and marshmallow at the other. The blue man threw a gumball at the blue man and he caught it in his mouth and then he squirted paint on a board. The blue man then threw about 5 or 6 marshmallows at the other blue man. So it just went back and forth with gumballs and then marshmallows.

There are two things that the Blue Man Group did that were my favorites. The first is the Blue Man Group went out into the audience, picked a girl, and brought her up to the stage. They each had a Twinkie and none of them could open it except for the girl, who opened the blue man’s next to her and he shook the Twinkie at the other two. Then the girl opened the second guys Twinkie and both of the blue men shook there Twinkies at the third, so he just got out a small chain saw a cut the Twinkie in half. He took it out of the wrapper held both ends together with his fingers and all four of them shook their Twinkies at the audience. The second thing was the Blue Man group once again went all the way out into the audience to the back row, and the three Blue Men sent rolls of tissue paper out into the audience and it went all the way up to the first row. My whole family was covered in tissue paper.

***** I give this performance 5 out of 5 star. I loved this performance because I love how the Blue Man group did different things. I would love to become a Blue Man. I think anybody would love to go see The Blue Man Group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home