Friday, November 17, 2006

Good Morning!

It is 12:01 am and I couldn't sleep, so here I am updating :) We have a new Christmas tree. Last year our tree was starting to fall apart when we were putting it up, so when we took it down we threw it away. The idea was to get a tree that week for really cheap. You know the saying the best laid plans. When Kevin was in fine arts on Wednesday I ran out to get a tree. We have had a lot of sales already going on, so I though I would look. I wish I could have brought a second person with me. There were a lot to choose from and a big investment for us. I ended up with a tree I really like. It was my second choice though. My fist choice I liked the look of the tree better and it was the same size and price. The difference was in the amount of tips and how the lights were. Both had a 1000 lights, but the tree I liked best had 500 multi colored lights and 500 clear lights. I just didn't like the combination. I love multi colored lights best. So my second choice is a very nice 7 1/2 foot Rock Ledge tree with 1000 lights. It came in only 3 pieces with it's own stand. We put it up to look at it today. It went up very easy and the 1000 lights are just beautiful! We have so many ornaments that I have collected over the years and each son has his own collection, so we need a hardy tree! We usually buy a new ornament each year and each son gets at least one for Christmas. We make homemade ones each year too for us and family. Both sons make their own for everyone also. My brother is a great woodworker and has made us an ornament for several years now too. We probably won't decorate the rest of the tree or house until after Thanksgiving. Now to teach Milo that this is an indoor tree!!

Wednesday I did stay at fine arts for the first class. Kevin and a friend of his had to give an interpretive reading in speech. They choose to do "Who's on First". They both did a great job. Younger son also had youth group that night too.

We ended up renting Noises Off because we liked the version we saw so much. Well the movie had a lot of famous people in it. I was so surprised I never saw it before. It featured Michael Caine, John Ritter, Carol Burnett, Christopher Reeve, Nicollette Sheridan, and Marilu Henner. It was made in 1992. I have to be honest, I enjoyed the high school's acting and version of the play better. The movie was funny, but not hysterical. The movie also had a little more adult content then the high school one. I don't mind the adult content as much as it not being as funny.

Tomorrow we have our yearly eye doctor appointments. Younger son has not had new glasses in about 5 years and these are so small for his face I am surprised they haven't snapped. He is talking about getting contacts. I will talk to the doctor about it. She is a friend of mine, so I am sure she will let me know what she thinks. Usually she doesn't like to do it quite this young if I remember right from older son. So I am looking at eye glasses for both and contacts for younger son. Since older son has contacts, he has gone years without new glasses too. These may be his from 4th or 5th grade! He is 18 now. So he will need some too. Luckily he has his own insurance now along with our insurance so hopefully we won't have to pay too much for his out of pocket.

We are going tomorrow night to a local high school to see "Mouse Trap". We don't know anyone in it, but we are checking out all the local schools to see what type of theaters they all have. Look for an other review coming this weekend! Saturday is Market Day pick up and younger son and I are going to see Happy Feet at the show. Older son and his girlfriend are going out to lunch with friends. We will all be going to the 6:30 church service at night. Maybe, just maybe I will sneak some tree decorating in too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home