Monday, November 27, 2006

Almost December!

The holiday season is upon us! I love the holidays. We have our tree decorated and we are planning on taking pictures this week under the tree and with Milo in his Christmas outfit :) Should be interesting to say the least.

I can't believe it has been so long between up dates. We had a very nice Thanksgiving at my sister's house. So much to be thankful for! I took a group picture before we had dinner and I will have to down load my camera after I update. I was one of the crazy people that went out at 4:30 in the morning on black Friday. I consider it a challenge, one I may be getting too old for :) I only had three or four things to get and the deals were so good, I couldn't resist. One of the things my older son wanted was half off. I also found a Christmas train for around the bottom of the tree. Ours broke last year and I wasn't going to replace it, but while I was in line getting my niece's gift I noticed the trains marked from $99.99 to $39.00. I think that is what we paid for our original one about 15 years ago.

When we saw our eye doctor everything was fine for older son he just needed new glasses, his were many years old. Since he wears contacts, I just never updated his glasses. I really like the new ones he picked. Our eye doctor is great. Older son hasn't had to pay for an eye exam since his Eagle project a few years ago. He has collect almost 10,000 pairs of glasses to date for VOSH. I tell her every year that she doesn't have to do that and every year she always says she would like too. His insurance only pays a certain amount of the cost and she also told him to pick out any frame he wants and whatever his insurance pays is what the cost will be. So he ended up with much nicer glasses then he would have been able to get. Younger son was going to get contacts this time too, but he had an eye infection in one eye. I put drops in for a week and we went back today and now the other eye has an infection that is pretty bad and he is on drops 4 times a day now for a week and we have to go back this Friday for a recheck again. We are waiting to pick out glasses until we know if he can use contacts. That will determine what type of glasses he will get depending on if he will just wear them when contacts are out or all the time. My eyes were fine except for a little aging problem.

Sunday we went to see The Nutcracker. It was great. Older son, his girlfriend, younger son and I went. Older son thought it was ok and younger son thought he didn't like it until the second act. He really enjoyed the dancing much more in the second act. We did pass the theatre the first time we tried to find the street, but managed to still get there in plenty of time. The way home was an other story!! We were so lost, I though I would never see our town again! :) I am terrible with directions! I mean really bad. The agreement was I would pay for tickets and older son would figure out how to get there and back. Well, I ended up doing the directions, which would have been fine had I taken the expressway, but I am more a back street driver :) It took us over two hours to get home when we were only 45 minutes away! I saw towns and routes I never want to see again!! We have two more plays coming up in December, all I can do is pray! I swear I can learn anything, but I have a mental block when it comes to driving places I am unfamiliar with. Older son wants to buy me a GPS system for Christmas. I told him no, it is too much money and when the next two shows are over I am never leaving the house again! :) Younger son and I have to go back to the place we were lost Sunday for a couple of kids plays coming up. I called my brother today and told him to map it out since he is from that area.

Today Kevin had the library and his eye check up. This morning my friend came over and we walked 4 miles. We didn't walk last week because her son was off school the last half of the week. I thought today would be hard getting back into it, but it went well. Can you believe our weather is still in the 50's! I still am having to use flea and tick stuff on the dog each month since we haven't had a good frost! Sometimes by Halloween we have a foot of snow and freezing weather. This week we are suppose to get cooler and have some rain or possibly flurries.

I am off to down load pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home