Saturday, October 14, 2006

It's Saturday and I'm not at Work

Lately things here have been pretty hectic. I decided to stop working until younger son can drive. I can't tell you how much better I feel. I put off the decision for awhile. When I went down to working one day a week I thought it would only be for 18 months, but now younger son has decided to stay home for high school too. I am happy with the decision, but working just the one day a week for three years would have been a problem. So I am officially back home for now.

We have needed some laughter in the house after the last year so I have been buying some old and newer comedies. We are in our third season of I Love Lucy. I love all the schemes! Some of the show we have picked up are Pee Wee's Playhouse, Everybody Loves Raymond, Family Guy, Full House, and Fawlty Towers (One of my favorites!). Along with some others that aren't comedy necessarily like Diagnosis Murder, CSI, Matrix, Final Destination, and Fast and Furious. Older son use to come home from work and I would still be up and we always watched either CSI or Cops depending on what was on at the time. It is just something we started doing. So now we can watch them anytime.

Younger son is on a camping trip this weekend with scouts. I dropped him off last night at 6:30 pm. He will be back tomorrow around 10:30 am. Older son worked last night and then went to his girlfriends house. When he came home him and I watched a video for awhile and stayed up way too late! We both slept in and I made a big breakfast for us. We mostly stuck around the house and watched some tv. Tonight he has a practice at church for tomorrow morning. He is playing drums with one of the groups at church for the 8 am service. Then he has a birthday party to go to after practice. I have the house all to myself (well there is Milo) tonight. That is pretty unusual, so I have been updating and playing with the blogs today.

Older son bought equipment recently to DJ parties and weddings. He is so excited to be able to have fun and make some extra money. He was called by a friend of his tonight. His sister is getting married and they asked Jason to DJ!! It will be his first wedding. So far he has done a couple of parties mostly for family. The friends family is really nice and we have know each other since our sons were little. They bowled together on the same league for years.

We have been homeschooling now for about 8 years and I am much more relaxed about it now. Matter of fact last year when we had a family crisis younger son took off months and still did just as well on his yearly achievement test. I want to enjoy the next couple of years with him at home and do fun stuff too. He is so interested in theater that I am hoping to find a few places around here for him to be able to perform. For now he has a fine arts group that he really enjoys. They have band, choir, drama, tonechimes, speech, and orchestra. He does it all except orchestra. They are putting on a fireside theater of A Christmas Carol the end of November. In the Spring it is usually a larger full production. Older son tries to make it to fine arts in time to sit in with the band. With working nights, he usually can't make the performances though.

Older son just called he made it to the birthday party just fine. I don't know what I would do without cell phones! I certainly would worry much more about the kids.

Well I am off, have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home