Friday, December 28, 2007

The Christmas Week in Review :)

We had a very nice Christmas. We had our party for the family on the 23rd. Lots of food and fun. Milo even seemed to enjoy the company. My sister and her family, my brother and his wife, my parents, and our next door neighbor were all here.

On Christmas Eve the kids and I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. We all thought it was cute. We went to an early service at church and then went driving around looking at Christmas lights in the neighborhood. The kids each opened one present before bed.

This year Santa did something a little different :) All the packages were mixed up under the tree together. Names were hidden in the print of the wrapping paper and they had to figure out whose package was whose before unwrapping. You would think we could have slept in a little, church wasn't until 10am and the kids are older, but we were up by 6am. After church we went to my mom and dad's for dinner. We had fun playing a game called Apples to Apples. When we came home we tried out one of older son's Christmas presents. A hot chocolate maker. Really it is just a jug to hear up water or milk and a battery operated frother :) He also has some hot chocolate mix from Starbucks. Then put put on It's a Wonderful Life and drank our hot chocolate until we all decided we were hungry again and I ran out to see what was open since we were out of everything in the house! Well, not much is open on Christmas Evening :) Even the gas station didn't have a frozen pizza. The convenience store by our house was open and had a very small frozen pizza left and a loaf of garlic bread. They were glad I found something!

Today was younger son's 15th birthday! My niece and nephew went and picked up my mom. My sister is sick so she didn't make it. Younger son and I picked up one of his friends and we all went to see National Treasure Book of Secrets. After the movie we all went out to lunch and then back here for cake. I was taking pictures and put the travelers by the birthday cake and realized they still had on their Disney ears :)

The weather was cold and snowy. We had a snow advisory for awhile. We only ended up with a couple of inches, but it was messy out driving.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home