Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Reduced Shakespeare Company The Complete Works of William Shakespeare

I meant to include this in my last post. Younger son and I have had this DVD for about a year now and never watched it. I just couldn't interest him in it even though he said originally he would like it. Well we found out adutions for the Spring play will be early January and the play will be "As You Like It" by William Shakespeare. It was noted that it would be a good idea to be familiar with the languge of Shakespear. Right away younger son had me take him to the library and take out the play and the cliff notes for the play to understand it a bit better. I of couse being the helpful mom that I am pulled out this DVD. Younger son said "Where did we get that?" How soon they forget! We ended up watching it this week. This was one of the funniest things we have watched in a long time! It has some adult languge now and then, but for older kids it is great. I must say it is funnier having some knowledge of his plays before hand, but younger son thought this was hystarical! We really didn't learn too much about the play he is doing becasue as you can imagine all of William Shakespeare done in 90 minutes really dosn't dwell on too many individual plays :) It is done by a three man comedy troupe. It includes Adam Long, Reed Martin & Austin Tichenor. I believe it was done in Canada and shown on PBS broadcast. If you get the chance to watch this, I recommed it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home