Monday, July 30, 2007

Four Parties in Three Day!

I need caffeine! That said it has been a great three days :) I already wrote about our party Saturday with the Leahy's. Sunday we were up early to get ready for a small family party for older son's birthday. We just got food from Browns Chicken and make a couple of snacks. I went with a Cubs cake this year since it is older son's favorite team and his gift this year was Cubs tickets. We ended up talking and laughing most of the afternoon. We were watching the new show, "Just for laughs". We tape them so far and my sister hasn't seen them. I thought the show was fun, but watching them with her made it hysterical. She lives for things like this! My family left at a few minutes to 5. Older son's friends arrived starting at 5. He ended up having about 10 kids over. They played video games and watched movies. I ordered pizza for them and they hung out until after midnight. Older son and I cleaned up and put things away. Younger son was in bed almost as soon as the last person left. I love that older son includes younger son in all the fun and activities. The most surprising event of the day is Milo almost seemed friendly! He really enjoyed the family party. The friend party he tolerated well.

Today we went over to a friends house to have lunch with friends of ours. We have know each other for years now. I met two of the families in a group when we started homeschooling 9 years ago. The other family moved here a few years ago. The boys have grown up with these friends. We have done so much with these people over the years. The kids all had lunch together played ping pong and swam. Older son had to leave early and go to work. Older son's vacation is over so it is back to work for him.

I would like to say we are sleeping in tomorrow since older son is done for the summer with school, but younger son has a dentist appointment in the morning. I made the mistake recently trying a hazel nut iced coffee at McDonalds and I love them! I am not usually a coffee drinker and I do my best never to have caffeine, but there is something about this drink that I really like. So we are swinging past McDonalds in the morning for an iced coffee :)

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Kunoichi said...

You *have* been busy! *L* Sounds like you've been having fun.

I love Just For Laughs, too. Haven't watched in ages. One of the few shows we actually miss about not having a tv. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home