Saturday, April 21, 2007

Spring is Back!

We have had two beautiful days in a row, sunny and close to 80 degrees. Older son has been sick, but is now feeling a little better. I ended up driving him to work one day last week and waiting for him. He was a little dizzy and didn't want to drive. He was running a fever, but his job is not great about taking sick days. He did miss school a couple of days and slept in. I am glad he is off the weekend. Along with older son being sick we are still having problems with younger son's eyes. We have been back and forth to the eye doctor since January. The infection has cleared up again, but when he went for his recheck this week he had something embedded in his eye now. She took it out and he is on antibiotic drops along with the other stuff he has been on. I hope when we go back Tuesday he will be all healed and no infection. The infection keeps coming back, so I am sure we will be going back for awhile just to make sure it stays away. In the mean time he also broke his glasses. He hasn't done that in the 7 or 8 years he has had glasses. Luckily they are under warranty.

Milo had his vet appointment yesterday. He is fine. Twice a year he goes in for the day and gets his shots and they do an exam and blood work. So I took him to the groomers before his appointment so he is clean and healthy :) He slept the rest of the day and is still sleeping today. Along with shots we had a tracking chip implanted in case he gets lost. He had a lot done to him, so he is exhausted now.

Well, I did it! I went with my sister last week and put a deposit on a cruise for next May for me and the kids. We are so excited! Then I went with my best friend from high school and we booked a Wednesday to Sunday trip to Disney world with both our families! The kids and I have only had one vacation since they were born and it was thanks to my sister's father in law. In 2001 he booked a cruise for his whole family and his one son backed out, so the kids and I were able to go for free. It was the greatest trip with my sister and her family. The kids always thought of him as their grandfather. He was one of the nicest men. I think younger son really believe he was his grandfather. We never though we would ever be able to go again. With the events that have happened the last year and a half, I just said forget it the kids and I are going to travel and make some good memories before they leave home. I figure I have the rest of my life to be poor! Younger son and I are even talking about going on a trip in 2009 before he get to college and starts working. We will see if the charges are paid by then :) I am sure I will write more about the planing as we get closer.

So that has been our excitement the last few days. I love planing things, so it will keep my mind busy for awhile now. One of the fun things will be taking our flat travelers with us! I will have to e-mail our England friends and see if they want to come with too! We have to get passports this time, so we should make passports for our travelers too! It is nice to have some happy excitement back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home