Sunday, December 17, 2006

Family Party Day

Today was what years ago started out as our Christmas Eve party. In the last 3 or 4 years we have moved it to the week before Christmas. I usually host the party and we have all finger food hot and cold. We eat and play games all day. When the kids were little Santa use to make a visit. It is some of our best family memories. This year we had it at my mom and dads. Space was a big issue and the last two Christmas' I just haven't felt up to it. I still bring all my usual food and drinks. Everyone also brings a dish or two. We never have a problem with not enough food!

My sister brought two games. The first one had 99!! questions about past television shows and famous quotes. It was a riot. All the kids didn't know half of them because some of the shows were pretty old. The other game was almost like a hot potato and 20 questions rolled into one. We had a great time with that.

My parents have a new dog too. This is the first time our dogs were together. It went really well. Milo isn't good with other dogs or most people for that matter. He was an abused dog and is just starting to except most people just want to be friendly :) Both dogs got along great . My parents dog is very shy too and they were both running around together and letting people pet them. Milo has a little issue with sharing :), but it will get better. He took over Sunshines food and toys. For a little dog, he has a lot of nerve!

Everyone had a great time. My brother's family comes to this party, but we don't see them on Christmas. It's nice to have the whole family together. We took lots of pictures. We even did a nice family shot. The last picture of our whole family was at my brothers wedding many years ago.

Younger son always celebrates his birthday with the family this day too. His birthday isn't until the 28th, but he likes having his party on the same day as our Christmas party. My niece made his birthday cake this year and it was great!

Our next door neighbor came with us for the day and older son's girlfriend was able to come too. I am glad we are home and the rest of the week is fairly quiet. Tomorrow after the library with younger son we are going to pick up his new glasses. He is excited! He hasn't had new glasses in about 4 or 5 years. His glasses are so small for his head they have stretched to their limit!

Tuesday is younger son's last trumpet lesson until the new year. We will probably go to the mall one day this week too. Younger son wants to go paint his new war gaming men before all the other kids are out of school for Christmas break. Older son is out of school now until mid-January.

I MUST start wrapping the kids gifts! They are the only ones I haven't done yet. This year it is a little harder with Milo trying to eat the ribbon and bows while climbing in my lap and knocking the gifts out of my hands :) He is a character!

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season!!

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Help! I seem to be locked out of my blogs! I have not updated to the newer version, but I guess I do have a google account. Everytime I try and sign in to my blog, I get sent to google to access my google account first. Which of course will not recognize me. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home