Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Gosh, I just looked back and except for a kind of photo journal it has been awhile! We have done quite a bit since the last entry in November. I am glad I put up pictures along the way to let everyone know what we have been up to.

I finally have Christmas cards out and a few packages that had to be mailed sent out. We are having our family Christmas party this Sunday which is usually at our house. This year I just talked to my mom and she is going to have it over there. I will bring the food and drinks. We have a small place and ususally we put a 6 foot table out in the hallway of the condo and just leave the door open for the day. It is like a little added room :) Well this year we have a lot of different neighbors and one of them smokes. The hallway always smells. Our next door neighbor is now in and out all the time and that is where our table went. I talked to her and she said she didn't mind, but I hate to block her in. She is invited over too. I thought about putting the table in our livingroom, but with the tree forget it! We have about 650 square feet, so a big table is hard to place :) I have been stressing about it for a couple of weeks. It is the only time everyone comes here, but I was happy my mom offered.

Older son has the last of his finals tomorrow! He is already in bed and resting up. I am hoping he does well. He will be off until mid January now. Tomorrow is also our last day of fine arts for two weeks. YEAH! This week we are still going to clean like everyone is still coming because, well it needs it :) I have everything wrapped for other people except my kids. After Sunday the tree will be empty again and I will start wrapping for the kids.

So lets see, tomorrow is fine arts and the last confirmation class until next year. Thursday my boys are having an annual (since older son was 16 and driving) brothers day out. They will shop for their grab bag gift and me then have lunch out together. Husband never took them out to shop when they were little, so I think it is nice to have a day out together. After they get home Thursday younger son finally can go in and get his glasses. He was going to get contacts, but when he had his exam a couple of weeks ago he had an infection in one eye. A week later he had a worse infection in his other eye. When we went back a week after that his eyes were clear, but the eye doctor, younger son and I decided to put off contacts for an other year. When we went to order glasses on the last visit, younger son couldn't make up his mind between two colors. They had one of the colors in, but had to order the other color for him to see. So now Thursday he will pick which one he wants and they will cut them for him the same day. We will see. I predict an other trip before Christmas :) Friday will be our cleaning day and Saturday older son might be working. Younger son and I will finish buying food for Sunday and drinks. Maybe go to the show or have a game day.

Sooner or later we will have to make the Ginger bread house sitting on our kitchen table! I guess I can always pack it away for next year :) I am usually in full Christmas mode by now, this year I am still waiting. I am doing all the things we usually do, but not quite in the spirit yet. I am glad next week will be quiter with fewer obligations. Just spending some time at home will do us all some good!

My friend and I haven't walked in over a week. First the weather was horrid, then this week I was swamped. Her mom comes into town on Sunday and then she won't walk in the morning for two weeks. So unless I get on that treadmill that is holding up my Christmas bows, I will be really sorry when we start walking again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home