Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Beautful Morning!

Younger son and I were up at 3:15am! We wanted to watch the Lunar Eclipse this morning. We went outside at 3:30 and watched until after 5am. Older son came out at 4:15 to join us for a half hour or so. Milo was just so darn confussed, but enjoyed the early walk. Younger son and I were able to enjoy a nice quiet talk and just sit together. One of the most amazing things we saw was at 5:05 am. Just as the sky was lighting up a shooting star came out of a cloud and went across the sky. I have never seen one that well before. I just happen to be looking right at the exact time and place it started. By the time I could tell younger son to look it was gone. On September 1 there are supose to be metor storms so we will be back out for that! Then we came in and showered getting ready for the day and went to breakfast. We were sitting by a window to watch the sunrise together while we ate. We made it home to take several shots of the sun still on the rise. I wish I would have had my camera with. The location we were at was a much better spot, but the pictures turn out nice anyway.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are incredible.
I didn't even know about the eclipse.
So glad you posted these.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Thanks! I am glad you liked them. I am never sure what type of pictures I will get taking them in the dark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home